More power to your Presentations !
Image source - Google
Let’s begin with a question, what does PPT stand for? Yes, I know without context, it will be difficult to answer. But I still think the first thing that came to the mind of most of us is “Power Point Presentation”. When working in a corporate set-up this is a tool that is your best friend if used effectively. Using it effectively is very important, I have seen and attended epic failures. To be honest I also began the same way. You do a bad presentation and learn how to be better at it with time. But then there are better ways to learn, one of them is to imbibe certain unsaid rule, to be more effective.
I think I have set the context well, now let’s get to reality. So I basically had to present, to a varied and fairly unknown crowd. So techniques like, “know your audience” and their “expectations” didn’t work So I set out to find ways, that would help me be more impressive with my presentation deck and my overall presentation.
So began my research on tips and trick to enhance the overall experience of the presentation. I thought it would be a good idea to share the tips I learned to make my presentation better.
- Focus on the 3Ps “Plan” “Prepare” “Practice”.
- Start With A Question – Works every time! Helps bring in interaction and also a good icebreaker.
- Build a storyline, an interesting one! Weave statistics into your story, to make your stories more interesting and stats less boring!
- Speak slow, it will help the audience to register the content better. Going too fast , will exhibit nervousness and also may cause you to miss important required details.
- Keep your text at a minimum, you must sound & look full of information and not the slides. And for heaven sake “DO NOT READ FROM YOUR SLIDES”.
- Break It Up With Humor, it helps break monotony and adds the much needed spunk!
- Use bigger fonts when writing something, it must be visible from a distance.
- Use easy to follow language, avoid heavy words. No one is judging your language skills, they are here for the content.
generous amounts of every day and personal examples. These help to connect
better with the audience.
And the best one tip is “PERFORM”, use your voice and body to add more elements and communicate your passion and energy to the audience.
Do let me know if these tips work for you. I have personally tried them out and have always good feedback. Let me know if there is something more than this that works for you and we can add that to the list.